Monday 21 March 2011

#12 They say it's just a game! Luke Walker on Aston Villa's fight for survival

Been a while since I wrote anything fresh due to trying to develop a few articles I already have written onto In Design and a layout of a magazine so what I thought I would do is post a future addition to my blog called 'They say it's just a game'. Here is the first one from an Aston Villa fan and a good friend Luke Walker.

They say it's just a game!
Luke Walker on Aston Villa's fight for survival


It is absolutely gut wrenching to watch my beloved club perform with such a distinct lack of belief, passion and determination. I look at it from two ways ... the football he is trying to encourage us to play I am all for, patience, fluidity, excitement etc ... yeah great, but to see a guy seem to destroy the team cohesion that we once had and produce a hostility between both players and fans a like is something that absolutely disheartens me as a loyal supporter.

There is nothing better than seeing a MON (Martin O'Neill) character, kicking and heading every single ball, dragging his team through the mud at times of such lows and showing the sort of personality we all want to see from a Villa manager, if only that could be coupled with the sort of style GH (Gerard Houiller) is trying to apply, I think we would be onto a winner. Look, whether I get slated or not, I can not stand the present manager and I surely don't want him in our dugout. I really couldn't care less about him ... but what I do care about is keeping this huge, historic club in the PL and I hope every single Villa supporter out there feels the same. Lets just get behind the team, get them over the finish line, and we will see what occurs in the summer. Villa till I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment